Friday 28 March 2008

Mes rencontres d'autochtones.../A few inhabitants I met on the way...

This trip would have been nothing without encountering people with such a different culture (...hence the importance of learning spanish). Most have been mentionned in former posts. Here are a few photos of locals I crossed on my way.


A child in a small village between Tupiza and Potosi...believe it or not, she was frightened from the camera at the beginning! Une gamine dans un petit village entre Tupiza et Potosi...au début elle avait peur de l'appareil photo!

Kids playing in the storm in the suburbs of Potosi. Des gosses qui jouent dans la banlieue de Potosi sous l'orage.

Matthias, an Argentinian bio-engineer cycling in north Argentina. His website (in spanish)!


A gorgeous friend in Jujuy, Argentina.Une adorable argentine à Jujuy.


A spanish-argentinian couple cycling against the wind in south Patagonia....sometimes they had to push their bikes because it was so difficult...

More to come...

Most of the people I crossed and stayed with were travellers...from Chile, Argentina, Ecuador, New Zealand, Australia, France (especially in Bolivia), Spain, Ireland, Scotland, England, the US, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Holland, Switzerland, Germany, Austria....

1 comment:

José Matías Zapiola said...

hi friend!
It's been a long time since we met, I don't know if this web is still active or linked to you.
I just want to check in to know how your life was going, I still remember what you have said to me about your life's plans ahead.
saludos desde argentina,
Matías.-